Makes 1/4 cup Keep this taco seasoning on hand for whenever you want to spice up some ground meat or sautéed vegetables for a wrap. It is lower in sodium than most packaged taco seasonings. Epazote is an herb used in Mexican cooking. It is similar to oregano, so you can increase the oregano in the mix if epazote is not available.
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried epazote
- 1 teaspoon oregano (preferably Mexican)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
Copyright © 2019 The Culinary Institute of America