Makes 2 dozen muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat the muffin tin cups with a light film of butter and a light dusting of cornmeal, or use paper liners.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and stir together with a wire whisk.
- Combine the eggs, milk, oil, orange juice, and sugar in an electric mixer and mix on medium speed with the paddle until light in color and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and blend on medium speed just until combined, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Evenly distribute the batter among the muffin cups, filling them three-quarters full. Gently tap the filled tins to release any air bubbles.
- Bake until a skewer inserted near the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Copyright © 2019 The Culinary Institute of America