Makes 4-6 Servings
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cups sugar
- Combine the water and the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 1 cup simple syrup, at room temperature
- 2 cups Concord grape juice
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (Optional)
- Pour the simple syrup into a shallow metal or glass container and add the Concord grape juice. Stir the mixture with a spoon to combine and place it in the freezer.
- Once frozen, scrape it with a fork to create a flaky texture. Spoon out the granita into chilled serving bowls or wine glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Copyright © 2019 The Culinary Institute of America