Makes 8 servings
This may be an icebox cake recipe, but the beauty of an icebox cake is that it requires no recipe. Simple layer your favorite cookie (graham crackers, chocolate chip, snickerdoodles!) with something creamy (pudding, whipped cream, dulce de leche!) and wait until tomorrow.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 9 oz chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 1/2 cups hot fudge sauce
- 1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar. Whip until soft peaks form. Add the peanut butter and fold to combine. Set aside.
- On a serving dish, arrange a single layer of cookies to form an 8-inch circle. Use broken cookies to form the inside of the circle. Add about a quarter of the whipped cream mixture to the circle and spread to the edges. Drizzle with about a quarter of the hot fudge sauce and a quarter of the peanuts.
- Add another layer of wafer cookies, and repeat layering the whipped cream, hot fudge sauce, and peanuts, until you have used all of the ingredients.
- Loosely cover the cake with plastic and refrigerate overnight to allow the cookies to soften. Slice to serve.