Yields 4 to 6 portions
- 2 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt, as needed
- Ground black pepper, as needed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground Korean chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 8 flat metal skewers (or 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)
- Cilantro-Cashew Chutney
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- In a saucepan or similar pan, heat the ghee. Add the paprika, chili pepper, cumin, ginger, turmeric, and coriander and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the onions and cook over medium heat until the onions are very tender, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Purée the onion-spice mix in a blender, adding small amounts of yogurt as needed to facilitate the blending.
- Combine the spice purée with the diced chicken, mix well, and add the remainder of the yogurt. Allow to marinate for about 1 hour.
- Skewer the chicken pieces.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high cooking. Grill the chicken until cooked through and well charred, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve the skewers with cilantro-cashew chutney.
Copyright © 2019 The Culinary Institute of America