Makes 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, sliced (about 1½ cups)
- 1 small head cauliflower separated into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup almond-cashew cream
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat the almond oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the celery and sweat until it begins to soften. Add the leek and continue to sweat until both vegetables are soft.
- Steam a few cauliflower florets and set aside for garnish. Add the remaining cauliflower, the broth, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the vegetable mixture and bring to a boil. Simmer until the cauliflower is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Stir in the almond-cashew cream. Serve each bowl of soup garnished with 1 tablespoon of the parsley, 2 tablespoons of the almonds, and a few of the reserved cauliflower florets.