Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 packed cup fresh carrot top leaves
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Using a food processor, process the garlic and salt to a smooth paste.
- Add the carrot top leaves, continuing to process to a paste. Add the olive oil as needed to keep the ingredients flowing.
- Add the pecans and continue to process until smooth. Add some lemon juice and pepper, with all but 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and stir to combine.
- Adjust with the salt and transfer the pesto to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to cover the pesto and refrigerate until ready to use.