Makes one 9-inch quiche; serves 6 to 8
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups thin sliced yellow onions
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups grated provolone
- One 9-inch Pie Crust, pre-baked
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté stirring frequently, until golden and very soft (caramelized), about 35 minutes. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper. Stir in the prepared onions and 1 cup of the cheese. Pour the egg mixture evenly into the pie crust. Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top of the quiche.
- Set the quiche pan on a baking sheet and return the quiche to the oven. Bake until a knife blade inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve the quiche hot or at room temperature. The quiche can be cooled, wrapped, and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat in a 325 F until hot, about 15 minutes.