Makes 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp diced pancetta or 1 strip bacon, diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 cups trimmed broccoli rabe
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans
- Salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta or bacon, if using, and sauté until the fat renders and the pancetta is translucent, about 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to high, add the onion and garlic, and sauté until the garlic is aromatic, about 1 minute more.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Add the broccoli rabe and the beans and cook until the broccoli rabe is bright green and tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese and nutmeg. Serve immediately.