Makes 4 servings
This recipe uses plain Greek yogurt, but you can substitute vanilla yogurt (omit the honey), sour cream, crème fraîche, or mascarpone. The berries can be chopped or mashed with the back of a fork, just enough to release the juices (make sure you aren’t wearing a shirt you like too much when you do it!) Substitute any fruit you like, either raw or stewed.
- 2 pints blackberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus more as needed
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pint chilled heavy cream
- In a bowl, toss the blackberries with the sugar to coat. Set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt and honey. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the yogurt mixture, just until combined.
- In four glasses or bowls, spoon or pipe about one-sixth of the yogurt mixture. Top with a quarter of the blackberries. Continue layering the yogurt and blackberries until you have three layers of yogurt and three layers of blackberries. Serve right away or chill for about 15 minutes.
Copyright © 2022 The Culinary Institute of America