Makes 6 servings
- 4 oz canola oil
- 4 oz fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 oz Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PGI*
- 18 oz yogurt
- 1 whole broiler chicken (about 3 lb), broken down into 8 pieces
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and sauté until soft, about 1 minute. Add the black pepper, paprika, turmeric, coriander, and cumin, and simmer until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PGI and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, and add the yogurt, and season with salt.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish or shallow pan and coat with the yogurt mixture. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Roast the chicken until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
*The Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) is the name of an area, a specific place, or, in exceptional cases, the name of a country, used as a description of an agricultural product, which comes from such an area, place, or country, which has a specific quality, goodwill, or other characteristic property, attributable to its geographical origin, at least one of the stages of production, processing, or preparation takes place in the area. The European Union (EU) will only give a product PGI status if they decide it has a reputation, characteristics, or qualities that are a result of the area you want to associate with. It is the PGI logo that guarantees the consumer about the authenticity of the product they are buying.