Makes 4 servings
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 8 oz strawberries, halved, quartered, or sliced, depending on size
- 5 to 7 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 4 oz Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 8 thin, wafer-style cookies
- In a large bowl or using a stand-mixer, beat the ice cream with the peppercorns until smooth and well-combined. Return to the container and freeze until ready to use.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick skillet until it is foamy. Add the sugar, and once the mixture is vigorously bubbling, add the berries and toss to coat.
- Cook the berries until they are well-coated in the sugar mixture, about 30 seconds. Add the vinegar to deglaze the pan and immediately remove from the heat.
- To serve, scoop the chilled ice cream into a bowls. Spoon the warm strawberries over the ice cream and garnish with the wafer cookies. Serve immediately.