Makes 2 cups
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 shallots, minced
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1 cup olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- 3/4 cup almond oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or dried figs
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Place the almonds on a baking pan and toast in the oven until a very light golden color, about 10 minutes. Remove the almonds from the pan and set aside to cool. When cool, chop into smaller pieces if needed.
- Combine the vinegar, wine, shallots, almonds, and salt and pepper as needed in a bowl. Whisk in the olive and almond oils. Stir in the figs and lemon juice. If necessary, adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
Copyright © 2019 The Culinary Institute of America