MAKES 1 CUP
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Additional flavorings (see suggested options below), to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the egg yolks, garlic, mustard, and lemon juice, and blend to combine.
- Place the top on the bowl and turn on the machine and slowly drizzle in the oils.
- Once the oil is added, stop the machine and check for consistency, adding any desired flavorings, and salt to taste. Set aside until ready to serve.
- The aioli can also be stored, covered, and refrigerated for up to three days.
Market Basket Options
- Chopped fresh herbs: parsley, chives, tarragon, cilantro
- Citrus zest: lime, Meyer lemon, blood orange
- Flavorings: Sriracha, smoked paprika, horseradish, gochujang, truffle oil