Makes 4 to 6 servings
This is a simple side dish that is perfect alongside roasted chicken, butternut squash, or even over toast. Serve it with fried eggs for a light dinner or even next-day lunch.
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced 1/2-in
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the cabbage on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons of the butter and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss and spread into an even layer.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender and well-browned around the edges, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, and walnuts. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the roasted cabbage. Return to the oven until the breadcrumbs are lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.